CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday 22 July 2010

Have a Great Time in Australia

It was a happy yet sad day yesterday. It was the last day of the school year and both my kids move up to a new class in the Autumn.

Thank you cards were made for the teachers and regrettably my daughter's teacher is actually leaving to go travelling in Australia.  She has been absolutely fantastic and we couldn't have wished for a better teacher for our daughter's first year at school. We bought her some pressies and wished her lots of happiness and I made her this leaving card:



I downloaded the Summer Time Sandals digi stamp from Whimsy Stamps (a Meljen Designs stamp).
Sentiment: Computer printed before decorating card
Background: Verve Stamps - Petals & Stems clear stamps coloured with Versacolor cubes in Magenta and Lime
Scalloped card: Craftwork Cards
Sandals: Coloured with Prismacolor pencils
Finishing touches: Diamond Stickles and some clear gems


I masked out the surrounding detail on the stamp so I only got the flip flops for my card as I wanted to do my own floral background. Although she was leaving, I wanted the card to be bright and cheerful so I focused on the positive side of her leaving rather than going for a 'sorry you're leaving' style doom and gloom card!


I notice that the theme for the Bee Crafty Downloads Blog this fortnight is 'At The Beach' so I thought I would enter this card.

Thanks for looking!

Sue x

1 comments:

3treescreations@gmail.com

I am sure she loved it!!! Love the sandals and the paper is adorable!! Thanks so much for playing at Bee Crafty.

Deanne :)

Post a Comment