CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday 14 March 2010

Mother's Day Easel Card


Morning all and Happy Mother's Day to all you Mums out there. I noticed that last weeks Penny Black Saturday challenge was to make an easel card. I haven't made one before so although I could not enter the Penny Black challenge (not the owner of any Penny Black stamps....yet!) I thought I would try and make one for my Mum. I was quite pleased with the outcome and they are alot easier to make than I thought. They also give you more room to put extra bits on.



Unfortunately the pictures are not as bright as I hoped. Couldn't seem to get enough light on them and they don't show the colours up too well.

To make the card I used:

K & Co paper for the top with the coloured paint dots
Bazzill Basics paper in Plum Pudding for the base
Edge decorated with a Woodware border punch Cross Star Ribbon design
Digistamp Boutique image Libby with Heart coloured in watercolour pencils and then cut out with Woodware scalloped 3" punch
Stamped again and cut out heart and layered on top
Decorated edge with glitter
Flowers cut from matching papers using punches & decorated with self adheshive gems
Sentiment done on computer (with help from my 9 year old son!)
Sentiment punched out with Woodware scallop 3" punch
Finished off with lilac ribbon from Poppicrafts

Thanks for looking and enjoy your day. Sue x

0 comments:

Post a Comment