CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday 7 March 2010

Good Morning Sunshine

Morning peeps and it's a very sunny one today. Isn't it great to see that sun after all the bad weather we've been having, cheers us up no end...long may it continue! This week I've introduced myself to Tim Holtz's website. I am sure you are all well versed with him but I am still a novice at all this. I was stunned by his demos and the effects he creates. What a fantastic chap he is! As a result I've now invested in some Distress Inks to see what I can do with them. I'll see what I can do with those for one of my later postings.

I have had a tinker on my day off on Friday and came up with this:



I used the following to make the card:

Cuttlebug swiss dots embossing folder
Woodware oval scalloped 3" punch
Tim Holtz Fire Brick Distressed ink to touch the edges of the oval and borders
Fiskars Threading Water punch
Digistamp image of 'Libby and heart' from DigiStamp Boutique
Image coloured with watercolour pencils
Sentiments: 'Mum' from UK Stamp company set I have and 'you are truly amazing' from Hero Arts 'Thinking of You' cling stamps CL140
A touch of glitter to finish off down the edges of the sentiment

This week I have some tasks on while trying to do the shop, kids n all. My daughter is 5 in a couple of weeks, my nephew is 4 and it's Mother's Day next week. I am going to try and make cards for all 3 but we'll see how it goes! Happy crafting....Sue x

0 comments:

Post a Comment